The Mermaid 2016 Review



I went to the shopping mall with Miss B yesterday. Our initial plan was to buy accessories for her laptop and a new camera. Then there is a huge poster of ‘the mermaid’ when we passed by the cinema. I was never a hasty decision maker. But when I saw the poster, it captivated me in a way that made me think, “I have to watch this”. Plus and plus, It is a film by Stephen Chow. Everyone knows how great all of his movies have been. ;)


(Picture from google)


When I saw this poster at mall yesterday, I became so excited all of a sudden. So, I asked Miss B, “Can we watch this movie today?” Then she replied, “Why not? I have been thinking about that as well”. So, Yes! Yes! Yes!

I am not going to be a spoiler about the movie. You need to watch it yourself and trust me, it would definitely worth your time and money.

I have to admit that Stephen Chow is absolutely a genius. The Mermaid is an awesome plus hilarious plus meaningful movie. I have never been a movie fan because sometimes, the change of scene comes too abruptly and the pace is too fast for my taste. The mermaid is different because the scenes changing are logical and there is a smooth flow. And I love it more because there is message centered with the issue of water pollution. “When there is no fresh air and not a drop of clean water on earth, you won’t be able to live even if you are rich”. I especially love this quote.

The movie is about a mermaid who tried to change the fate of her fellow marine friends by attempting murder on her enemy, only to fall in love with him. The situations when she try to kill the man was extremely hilarious, and Deng chow’s dancing was OMG! I was nearly out of breath. Then, the octopusman part! I almost fainted from laughing too much. Everyone on the cinema was laughing out loud throughout the movie.

I am definitely going to get myself a copy of DVD when it’s out, so I can re watch it again and again. And I think now I have a major crush with Deng chow the male lead and show luo the octopusman, they are so funny and their expressions are very very epic!

No comments