How to be Productive in a Dreadful day



Despite two of my new year resolutions are to be happy and positive, it’s impossible to be sunshine and cupcake all of the time. I am just a typical human being. I will always try my best to be happy and positive. But once in a blue moon, these two emotions just escaped me out to nowhere.

There is always a day when I feel exceptionally tired, pressured and stress. Gone were all those positiveness and happiness. Basically, I just want to hide myself in a deep dark hole and cover myself with a thick blanket, allowing the darkness to swallow my entire being. I know I might sound crazy, but I seriously do consider of practicing this stunt whenever I feel down. I also refuse to do anything I need to do. I am being extremely rebellious at this particular time. I become very sensitive as well. A little upset enough to make me cry, a little mistake enough to trigger my temper. In short, I am difficult to live with when I am down.

The worse thing is, I would regret all of my mistakes the next morning. The mistake of not fully appreciate times and not live to the best yesterday. And my biggest mistake would be not doing what I was supposed to do yesterday and allow those mistakes to affect my overall performance today.

So, I begin to wonder …

If I can’t stop myself  from having a dreadful day, is it possible for me to at least try to make my day less dreadful tomorrow?

Yes! Of course, it is possible! I can definitely do that!


But How?

These are my ways when handling a bad day. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t. But most of the time it works when I want it to work. It’s a matter of will, really.

1.      Tonight, making a list of what I need to do tomorrow – since I don’t have any idea if my tomorrow is going to be lovely or moody, it’s better to plan earlier. Even if I am having a moody mood tomorrow, I can’t use those typical excuses that i won't do anything because I am in a bad shape, so I can’t think straight. Forget those excuses, I planned my schedule yesterday and I only need to stick to the plan.
2.      I know it’s really difficult, but you need to push yourself to follow the plan. If you don’t, it will be nighttime before you finally get the mood. But then, it’s time to sleep. And tomorrow will be an extra difficult day, because you need to do some catch up with your chores.
3.      If it is too hard, try some change in setting. If you always do your work in bedroom, try doing it in another space. Who knows, you might get inspired suddenly when you do your work in living room or balcony today.
4.      Or watch some funny videos and get some laugh. Laughing helps to improve our mood.
5.      If nothing above is working. Get some exercise outside of your home, hike or jogging, whatever you prefer, get closer to nature if possible. This is usually the most useful trick that improves my day in a blink of an eye. And I would come back home with a happy mood, happy enough to start doing all my work.

I hope these tips will be useful to you all. Good Luck!

Oh, and don’t forget,

Your tomorrow would thank you and hug you for your effort today.

No comments